ONGOING VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT
Evesham Fire-Rescue is a combination fire and EMS agency recruiting NJ-certified firefighters to join our organization and participate in our Volunteer Firefighter Stipend Program.
Evesham Fire-Rescue provides coverage to a diverse residential and light commercial area covering 30+ square miles area protecting 50,000 residents. Service is provided with a fleet of modern apparatus responding from one of our three well-equipped stations. Evesham Fire-Rescue regularly responds on mutual aid assignments in Burlington and Camden counties and is also a participating agency with the Burlington County Technical Rescue Task Force.
The Volunteer Firefighter Stipend Program provides incentives for volunteer members staffing in-house fire crews during weeknight and weekend hours and when participating in other activities, such as training and public relations events. Volunteer members can earn between $100 and $800 per month, with the stipend distributed monthly via direct deposit. Volunteer participation is permitted to fluctuate based upon member availability, and incentive amounts will vary month to month based on a member’s participation level.
Volunteer Firefighter Stipend Program examples:
▪ Staff (1) 12-hour duty crew each week for 4 weeks: 48 points earned = $400 stipend
▪ Staff (2) 12-hour duty crew every other week and (1) training: 27 points earned = $200 stipend
▪ Complete Annual Mandatory Training plus (4) 12-hour duty crews: 60 points earned = $600
Questions? Email: email@example.com
Application period is OPEN
Volunteer firefighters must possess the following credentials at the time of application to be eligible for consideration:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be of good moral character & not convicted of a criminal offense
• Current NJ FF1 Certification & AHA-BLS Provider CPR
• Completion of ICS-100, ICS-200, IS-700
• All prospective volunteers must submit an application, successfully complete a physical agility test, medical physical examination, and a background check
• Exception: Evesham Township residents must be 16+ years of age and no experience or certification is required; we will train Evesham Township residents